Advanced Computer Software Supplies Pty. Ltd. (ABN 28 058 127 932) t/as ACSS Health, its successors and assignees (referred to as we, us and our) to protecting the privacy of your personal information that we collect through this website https://au.acsshealth.com (Site) or directly from you, being the person, organisation or entity that uses our Site or services (referred to as you or your).
If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
- Collection of personal information
Personal information: The type of information we collect may include:
- contact details including email address, address and telephone number;
- marital status and anniversary;
- date of birth;
- demographic information such as postcode;
- preferences and opinions;
- payment details; and
- any other information requested on this Site or otherwise requested by us or provided by you.
Your use of our Site: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
- Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the information for purposes including:
to contact and communicate with you;
for internal record keeping;
for market research and business development including website development;
to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you;
to send you promotional information about third parties that we think may be of interest to you; and
for data analytics purposes.
- Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose personal information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where customers fail to pay for goods or services provided by us to them;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia including in the Philippines and India; and
- third parties to collect and process data including Google Analytics or other similar businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible by law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
- How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
Sensitive information is a sub-set of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles. In referring to ‘sensitive information’ we mean information that relates to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices and criminal records, health information; or biometric information.
The type of sensitive information that we may collect includes:
health information including but not limited to:
- medical records;
- pathology results;
- dental records;
- specialist reports and test results;
- notes of an individual’s symptoms or diagnosis and the treatment given;
- appointment and billing details;
- prescriptions and other pharmaceutical purchases;
an individual’s racial or ethnic origin;
religious beliefs or affiliations;
sexual orientation or practices;
biometric information that is to be used for certain purposes;
records held by a fitness club about an individual;
information about an individual’s suitability for a job, if it reveals information about the individual’s health;
an individual’s healthcare identifier when it is collected to provide a health service; and
any other sensitive information collected for the purpose of providing a health service.
Sensitive information will be used and disclosed for purposes relating to the primary purpose for which the sensitive information was collected, including:
- to provide a health service, assist in the provision of health services and management of health services;
- in a permitted health situation which exists if:
- the use or disclosure is necessary for research, or the compilation or analysis of statistics relevant to public health or public safety;
- it is impracticable for us to obtain the individual’s consent to the use or disclosure;
- the use or disclosure is conducted in accordance with guidelines approved under section 95A of the Privacy Act 1988; and
- in the case of disclosure, if we reasonably believe that the recipient of the information will not disclose the information, or personal information derived from that information.
- information may be disclosed to a responsible person which has the meaning given by section 6AA of the Privacy Act 1988.
Sensitive information (including but not limited to health and genetic information) may also be used or disclosed if required or authorised by law.
- Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database, or opt out of communications, please contact us using the details below.
- Storage and Security
We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on this Site from time to time. Web beacons or clear .gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ or any other URL Google may use from time to time.
- Links to other websites
For any questions or notice, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Advanced Computer Software Supplies Pty. Ltd. (ABN 28 058 127 932) t/as ACSS Health
Unit 15/11-21 Underwood Road
Homebush NSW 2140
Last update: 28 August 2018